Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lead


Pentel, originally uploaded by mobiuscycle.

Pencil lead is beautiful. A well crafted mechanical pencil is a joy to hold. I wanted to be an architect when I was younger just so I could draw plans. Amanda works at an architectural firm. From her description these architects have more pens and pencils than a University Bookstore! My grandfather gave me my first Pentel mechanical pencil while we played Parsec on his Texas Instruments computer. He was an Engineer for Bell Systems, back when Bell was the ONLY phone company in the country! He therefore had the leading technology of the time. Amazing how things have changed since that side-scrolling space shooter. I can't wait for Virtual Reality games. Nintendo's Wii is pretty close. Who knows what's on the horizon, pocket computers are a dime a dozen. Not like my grandfather's day when a computer was the size of a large room. Welcome to Twenty Ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment